Load2Learn was founded by RNIB and Dyslexia Action with development funding in 2011-2013 from the Department for Education.
Load2Learn enables learners who cannot read standard print, including those with dyslexia and who are blind or partially sighted, to read the same books, at the same time as their classmates, giving them the same educational opportunities.
It is a free service, for use by staff who are supporting learners, in the UK, that have a print disability.
We are able to provide this service at no cost thanks to our partners and supporters. We also have members who have contributed their resources to share with others using Load2Learn.
Learn about our supporters and discover how you can get involved:
- Corporate Partners
- Content contributors
Promotional materials and press releases
- Load2Learn information flyer - October 2013 (PDF, 2.8MB)
- Load2Learn information flyer - October 2013 (Word 331KB)
- Do you have learners who struggle to read standard print? (PDF, 654KB)
13 September 2012
- New online resource to help schools to meet SEN requirements (Word, 47KB)
- New online resource for staff working with students who can't read standard print (Word, 46KB)
- Students who struggle with standard print materials to benefit from new online resource (Word, 48.5KB)
What does Load2Learn offer?
- three viewing options: Guest user, registered user, membership
fully accessible website: designed with dyslexic, blind and partially sighted users in mind
advanced search engine: even if you miss-spell or spell words phonetically it will find what you are looking for.
- books: Thousands of titles available in one or more of the following formats - structured and unstructured Word, PDF, EPUB and audio. New titles are being added regularly.
- images: Thousands of accessible images as PDF, Word or CorelDraw files. Within each image pack you download you can get a large print image as well as SEB and UEB tactile versions ready for production - they are provided as print ready and editable files to meet your needs.
sharing community: stop efforts being duplicated and upload your resources for others to use with their print-impaired learners. Or send them to us and we will upload them on your behalf
training and guidance: videos and written guides showing how you can get the best out of resources on Load2Learn, providing information on accessible formats, software and equipment.
- Download the Load2Learn template that we use for our structured Word documents.
For more information Contact us and read our frequently asked questions.